Inni al faqiirah ila ROBBIha ~ * ~ A Humble Servant of ALLAH S.W.T.: Journal Entry – B.Ed TESOL No.2

Inni al faqiirah ila ROBBIha ~ * ~ A Humble Servant of ALLAH S.W.T.

ALLAH S.W.T. loveth those who make themselves pure. May ALLAH shower His blessings and guidance + may ALLAH make you and I among those who love to be purified. Amiin. ~*~ "Islam itu mengajarkn kbersihan dan ksucian, mbentuk pribadi yang suci dan bersih. (QS. 9:108)."

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Journal Entry – B.Ed TESOL No.2

Date : April 2005

First and foremost, I would like to thank God for giving me strength to go through two months of living in Auckland. Thanks for such a wonderful gift , My Lord.

Driving past, walking fast.
To the field of dreams, hear the children screams
Every corner represents, a different image in my mind
A momentary emotion, spacebanked in time,
In time

Time flies..and I have experienced lots of new interesting things. Followed will be descriptions of 5 aspects of life that I encountered through 60 days of living in Auckland. The aspects are categorized as linguistic, academic, social, cultural, and affective.

1. Linguistic

While completing my first EDUC 225 assignment, I came across a word that causes a concussion among my course mates (Malaysian) that is “SPATULA”. Back at home, such term become applicable when it comes to Science subject. We make full use of spatula in most of our Science projects and experiments in school laboratories. Besides, it is also recognized as a small instrument with a flat surface, used by doctors to hold our tongue down so that they can examine our throat. In contrast, in a Western culture, interestingly, the item is well-known as a part of the cooking utensils. In term of shape, ‘spatula’ that we use is more like a flat steel spoon, in contrast in American culture “spatula” looks like a ladle. On the other hand, among the English, it is regarded as a kitchen tool with a wide flat blade used for spreading, mixing, or lifting soft substances. What a great difference..a small thing could make…in different cultures…but in one planet ..named Earth.

2. Academic

Thanks God! I manage to finish and hand in all assignments (EDUC 223, EDUC 225 & ESOL 201A) before study break begins which is going to start on 18th April 2005. In general, doing those assignments really opened my eyes and mind that to live is to have problems (I did faced difficulties in completing those tasks) and to solve problem is to grow intellectually (not by crying, not by complaining, not by sighing, but by thinking constructively...deep learning..not just surface learning). And the most important of all, I always bear in mind that teachers only open the door but I must enter it by myself. DEPENDENT LEARNERS!

3. Social , Cultural, and Effective.

On 27th February, my friends and I went to a friendly hockey match between Malaysia and New Zealand. It was a superb match. Both teams battled hard against each other from A to Z. Everybody paid full focus to the match without missing any single seconds of it. Unfortunately, Malaysia lost the game to New Zealand 0-3. But we still won the cheers. We were the loudest group on that day. An interesting thing that captured my mind on that day was, Malaysian prohected their voice as loud as possible when it came to singing our national anthem. In contrast, New Zealanders who attended the match on that day remained silence, we hardly heard any single words uttered from their mouth when their national anthem was aired. And I still wonder WHY?Next, for Easter, we went to David and Cynthia’s house at Glendowie to learn on how to bake English scones and lemonade juices. The Irish couple and their two little daughters welcomed us with broad smiles and gratitude. Cynthia brought us around the house and showed us their apple, grapefruit and lemon trees. She offered us some fruits to be taken back to Railway Campus. I met Pauline, a grandmother of a girl and a boy at the occasion. She was so motherly and I liked her so much. She narrated to me the story behind Easter celebration and described on how people celebrated it in New Zealand.

Then when it came to baking scones and making lemonade, we were the most excited ones at the kitchen. Cynthia guided us on it step by step and I managed to record it via my digital video-camera from beginning till end. After about half an hour, tantalizing smells of fully baked golden scones filled the atmosphere and watered everyone’s mouth. Pauline spread some jam and cream on the scones for me with a sweet smile. It really touched my heart. I could not adequately express my feeling to Pauline at that moment. Tears filled my eyes. Seeing me crying, she approached me closer and consoled me. Her affection reminded me of my mom. Oh, how I wished she was there! I really most those precious moments; when we baked cookies and cakes, whenever the whole family got together at home. Mom, I miss u so much!

People need people and friends need friends
And we all need love for a full life depends
Not on vast riches or great acclaim
Not on success or on worldly fame
But just knowing that someone cares
And hold us close in their thoughts and prayers

THE END.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cikgu Oh Cikgu!

    Assalamualaaikum wbt

    Khas buat bacaan bakal2 guru..

    Suatu ketika dulu-dulu di zaman Islam bukan Hadhari

    Bedah : Cikgu, Tini tarik rambut saya!

    Tini : Bukan, Bedah yang tarik tocang saya dulu, cikgu!

    Cikgu : Kan cikgu da pisahkan kamu berdua duduk kelas lain.

    Tini : Waktu perhimpunan tadi dia datang serang saya cikgu.

    Bedah : Waktu perhimpunan tu Tini kutuk saya cikgu.

    Cikgu : Hai.. Apa nak jadi murid zaman sekarang ni!


    Suatu pagi yang bening di zaman Islam Hadhari1

    Bedah : Cikgu, Cikgu A2 tarik rambut Cikgu B3

    Tini : Betul cikgu, dia tarik rambut, tarik baju dan tariklah apa boleh ditarik. Pastu Cikgu B pun sama. Pastu mereka berdua bertumbuk pula cikgu.

    Cikgu Besar4 : Eh kan saya da pisahkan mereka berdua mengajar di blok yang berlainan.

    Bedah : Waktu perhimpunan pagi tadi, Cikgu A serang Cikgu B.

    Tini : Iyalah, tapi Cikgu B yang kutuk Cikgu A dulu. Kami dapat tengok pertunjukan percumalah.

    Cikgu Besar : Hai.. Apa dah jadi dengan cikgu zaman sekarang ni.


    Nota Kaki :
    1) Rujuk : Dua Guru Wanita Bertumbuk - Berita Harian

    2) Nama terpaksa dirahsiakan

    3) Nama terpaksa dirahsiakan

    4) Cikgu Besar : Pengetua : Guru Besar, tak semestinya berbadan besar ya.

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Bagaimanakah disebut dalam kata-kata ulamak, betapa hampirnya guru itu menjadi seperti Rasul (kedudukannya), sedangkan apa yang kita lihat hari ini berbeza sekali.

    Amat menyedihkan individu yang kita harapkan menjadi contoh teladan buat anak-anak kita, menjadi contoh yang buruk pula.

    Tapi jangan salah ertikan kata-kata ana ya. Terdapat puluh ribuan lagi guru-guru yang baik dan berdedikasi di luar sana, namun seperti biasa perlu kita ingat angkara nila setitik, rosak susu sebelanga.

    Pelajar sekarang lebih mudah menyontohi perkara buruk dari yang baik.

    Ada guru berkata-kata keji dan mencarut di dalam kelas, maka tak hairanlah ada murid sekolah rendah yang mencarut di luar (walaupun belum memahami pun apa yang dicarutkannya tu).

    Ada guru bertumbuk di depan perhimpunan, maka tak peliklah bila anak-anak murid bergaduh di luar.

    p/s: Syahidah, ana doakan agar enti dapat mjadi model guru mithali. Mengangkat mertabat profesion perguruan. All the best!!

    Ade lapang tu mase jemputlah ke:
    http://www.iiu.edu.my/

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by ClockBot.com }